"If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?"
"Change your mind about something significant every day."
Boyhood (2014) dir. Richard Linklater
Reasons why I’m excited for “Dear White People:”
- Black actors portraying 3-dimensional characters
- Honest social commentary
- Targeted to the college age demographic
- Thorough exploration of the various forms of racism in America
- Tessa Thompson’s voice and Tyler William’s afro wig
Reasons why I’m not excited for “Dear White People:”
- White people calling it racist
- Mainstream media agreeing with the white people calling it racist
I’ve seen 3 movies in the last 5 days — Obvious Child, Wish I Was Here, and Boyhood — and they’re all worth watching, but, like, Obvious Child is easily easily easily my favorite. I keep trying to find a gif set of Jenny Slate dancing but it’s not happening and I’m sad.
My Bloody Valentine - Sunny Sundae Smile
Straight out of the gate this song blows up with fuzz. Early MBV were the best noise poppers out there. Combining perfect jangle and melodic songwriting with the noise that they would later be associated with.
make me choose >
malcolm reynolds orangel?
This is me. It doesn’t all have to be ‘good’ and ‘fine’. This is the room where you don’t have to be brave. I still love you.